Our School

Cranham lies within the most westerly valley of the Cotswolds and is in a designated ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’. Cranham Church of England Primary school is situated on the very edge of Cranham Common which is a ‘Site of Special Scientific Interest’.

Although education within Cranham can be dated as far back as 1818 our current buildings on the present site were founded in 1845.

The original school rooms dating from 1845 and the school house (1883) were joined together with the addition of a school office and entrance area in 2002. We now have 2 classrooms, a small hall, offices and a staffroom. We use each room for a wide variety of purposes and always make very creative use of space.

We also like to make the most of our outside space. Class one have a purpose built outdoor learning area enabling children to have access to practical activities such as sand and water, and also to develop a more independent style of learning. Children often work outside during warmer weather and lunch is often eaten on our picnic benches.

At Cranham Church of England Primary School we strive to ensure that children are learning in a practical and purposeful way. We seek to be inspirational in our teaching styles and want to instil a love of learning within all our children. We aim to provide a warm and welcoming environment where children feel safe and motivated to do their very best.

We have carefully designed our own Creative Curriculum to ensure that our children are taught the key skills required for a fulfilling and rewarding future